It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas Time!!
So remember when I said there was only one holiday that trumps Thanksgiving? Christmas!!!! I absolutely love Christmas. The lights, the scents of sugar plum lotions and sprays, the adorable winter themed characters. Everything about it just puts me in such a great mood. My family and I usually start decorating in October; tree up and adorned with lights and bows on banisters and chairs. Just the thought of it puts a smile on my face. I don't really have a clear cut path for this post, I'm just excited for Christmas.

In a way, that is similar to my situation right now. I don't really have a clear cut path for my life but instead of the excitement I feel for Christmas, this terrifies me. It frustrates me and wears on my hope. I'm not going to give a sob story, just stating where I am right now. I'm also not looking for advice, I'm just venting. This is hard and treatment makes it all harder. I'm still taking it one day at a time and still strongly considering discharging. I'm at a crossroad but I'll go on about that more in a later post. In treatment, we are taught not to avoid our feelings and/or difficult emotions... But I think I'm going to avoid and distract myself with the wonders and glorious nature of my favorite holiday. Happy December 1st!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 25, 2015

For Me

I Am Not Put Together, Not Tidy