Struggle to Strength


Honesty

Okay, so here is the part of my blog where we go deeper into the nitty gritty. Put on your boots because things are about to get messy *dramatic*. I've listed my struggles as well as my strengths which used to be struggles. This blog is all about authenticity and encouragement and hope. By putting myself on blast as well as celebrating my victories (as we were taught to do at the Frew), I figure it may encourage someone else. These lists are not to brag or an effort to become "perfect" by overcoming every struggle. It's just proof that victory in my life with my own personal demons is more than possible. It's also to show the progress I've made so that I'm not consumed with my faults. I would greatly encourage you to make your own lists and if you are comfortable with it, share them with someone else and/or in the comments below for a sense of unity and understanding and even accountability. Even if you are not necessarily working on all of your issues at the moment, it is still helpful to recognize and take ownership of them. No issue or progress is too minor, if you have struggled with it or want to change it, then post away. Whether it's lying or abuse (of others, verbally, drug, etc.), being judgmental or prideful, phobias or fears, addictions, financial troubles, mental and physical illnesses, whatever it is, we all have struggles but we also have strengths.
*Remember, there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9) meaning that you are not the only one struggling the way you are.* 


Struggles 
Aware of/Working on/Fighting through                                              
  • Anorexia
  • OCD
  • Perfectionism/Fear of Failure
  • Depression
  • Mood Disorder (Bi-Polar II/PMDD)
  • Anxiety/Worry
  • Self Harm
  • Forgiving Others
  • Extending God's Grace
  •  

Strengths
No more...

  • Debilitating fear of the dark
  • Fear of driving
  • Arachnophobia
  • Fear of fire


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

My Best Friend

Recovery is Hard