A Day of Firsts



26 Years

On December 27, 2016, I celebrated my birthday with my housemates. It was my first birthday away from my mom and sister and my first birthday in California. We went to a Denny's and I had a yummy veggie and egg dish, it was great! I enjoyed a sweet hot chocolate and went down memory lane and purchased a snack that my mom and I used to share, Chick-O-Stick. I didn't enjoy it as much as I had when I was a child but it brought back warm memories. I was made to feel so loved by those with whom I live and it was just a great time. As part of their family tradition, I awakened to printed out posters of birthday greetings practically all over the house! It was beautiful and I am so thankful to God for 26 years! I have realized this year that I have actually made accomplishments worthy of recognition, if only by myself and I am so excited for the ones I will make in 2017. If I had been told last year this time that by the time I was 26, I would be living comfortably in Cali and owning a car for which I didn't pay after only five months, wow, I would not have believed it**.  Five months, it does not feel like five months. I marvel at my God's amazing provision and grace in my life and am truly overwhelmed by it every single day that I awaken in this beautiful state.

I've been getting some ideas on how to improve the quality of this writing home of mine and am excited to share them with you all. In this upcoming year, I will be posting videos of original songs, adding some more personal pictures for future posts, and overall tidying up past posts. As this will more than likely be my last post of the year, I want to thank all of my readers for joining me on this crazy, beautiful journey and am excited to head into a new year with everyone. Fresh and new things await!









 
Scripture Reference: Habakkuk 1:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 25, 2015

I Am Not Put Together, Not Tidy

For Me