Mistake



The morning after

Originally written on April 3, 2017

I shouldn't have come to see you, this was a mistake. I said the next morning.
What do you mean, the past three days were great?
But I'm so exhausted.
That's usually what happens when you have a good time. He said with a smirk.
I was silent.
You're not still thinking of leaving are you?
I don't know.
How else are you going to have such a great time? Where else are you going to get this high from?
I can do other things.
True. But it's not going to be anything like what we have together.
I wish I could say that I responded with a snarky "that's the point" comment but I didn't. I just sat. And thought.
If you really want to leave, I'll let you go. But at least let me give you this.
I looked down at my wrist. What's this?
It's a bracelet.
A bracelet? It was connected by a chain of sorts to a similar looking "bracelet" around him.
Um, okay. Well, I'm just going to go. I walked out of the room feeling a tug on my arm and a sense that I was being followed.

No matter where you are right now, no matter how lost or hopeless or alone you feel, there is freedom, love, hope and peace in Jesus. Don't give up. You can overcome.

Comments

  1. This POWERFUL!!! WOW! This can apply to many different things from abusive relationships to addictions and everything in between!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words! It's my hope that the words I write will not only be relateable with the struggles I'm working through but with those others may have.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October 25, 2015

I Am Not Put Together, Not Tidy

For Me