Welcome to April


In three more months...

I will have been in California for an entire year! I can't believe it and it feels like time is going by so quickly. So last month, I started going to a writing and critique group and it was great. I had been wanting to go to a group like that for a while but I didn't want to spend too much money since I'm saving for my own place. Well, the Lord, Who is just constantly watching over me, knew my desire to better my craft. I was at the library last month and saw a flyer for a writer's group in a location not too far from me. And it didn't cost too much... it was free! Obviously, I wasn't going to pass this opportunity up and last Monday was my first time attending. The feedback I got was great and it helped me so much with the writer's block I had been experiencing. I can't wait to go back and watch how my writing matures!

If I can encourage anyone today, go do something new! Maybe it's a self care thing that you've not invested in, or maybe it's some dream or goal you have that you've been scared to chase, or maybe it's kicking a bad and harmful habit to the curb, or maybe it's practicing kindness and the love of God to someone. Whatever it is, go do it! And be encouraged that it doesn't have to be perfect, just make the first steps toward something new and fresh in your life. I'm going to leave you with this simple scripture which I thought is perfect for today and on which I'll be meditating. Today is the beginning of a new month, do something different! Also, yes I did change the old theme of my blog and more changes are to come. Keep an eye out! And look for the new thing God is doing in and for you. Happy April 1st!

"Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 25, 2015

For Me

I Am Not Put Together, Not Tidy