Recovery is Hard



Honesty

This one reads more like a journal entry. I wrote the following on my phone almost a month ago and it's still pretty true.

June 23, 2016
I still feel disgusting and disgusted with myself even though I'm eating more willingly now. It's coming from inside me, the disgust, and I can no longer project it onto my weight. Because I want my plumpness back, I have to eat a lot but at the same time I'm worried about getting too big and losing control due to what has always been my insatiable appetite. I hate this. And I feel self hatred.

And when I'm trying too hard to be perfect is when I feel the most insecure and worthless and unloved. The more perfection I display, the more likely it is that something is going on that is overwhelming. Or just simply being overlooked.

... Back to the Present
So that's how I was feeling and I'm still feeling some of that. But I'm also feeling confused about my eating and this whole process. I have no encouragement or anything and this isn't meant to be a sad post either. It's just an honest one on my journey through recovery.

Jesus still loves me... in the midst of my self hatred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

My Best Friend