Goals


Why wait till January 1st

So I've been self harm free for a couple months now (YES!!) and I really want to keep it that way. I haven't intentionally cut myself in so long (again, YES!!) and have definitely had some moments where I could have. Some of my resisting may have a bit to do with an increase in other symptoms... but... There is a big part of me that truly does not want to do that anymore. And that's what I want to focus on. I have decided to intentionally (continue to) not engage in any type of cutting behaviors for the remainder of this year. That is my resolution and I'm excited about it! I know a lot of times we will save our resolutions for the new year, I guess so we can get "one last taste" of whatever it is. But if you're really ready for and serious about change, why wait? Just go for it, put everything you have into it. Let's do this! I encourage you to consider something that you're really ready to give up and just resolve to be done with it.

I'm not saying its going to be easy-- it's more than likely going to be even harder now that you've decided to be done with it-- and depending on what your thing is, you may need some extra support in changing. But resolve to be done with "it", whatever "it" is. I've done a lot of misdeeds by my body and I want to at least do something right by it. I feel as though I've been doing pretty well with the whole abstaining from self harm thing and I think I can continue the positive pattern without much intervention. If your "thing" requires some outside help, then get it. Reach out to whomever you can trust and get ready to get better! Is it a substance, an addiction to something, a harmful relationship, self harm? Whatever it is, if you feel serious about wanting to change, let's do it. Don't wait until the new year, don't wait another day, let today be the day. It may take a while before you're completely done with it but at least you can actively work towards it. And today can be day one.

Even now as I compose this, I can already feel my desire to cut grow, so I know it's going to be work but I think I can actually do this. With God's help, obviously, and with this want to be clean from self harm, I am confident that I can maintain this new resolve. I'm going to be honest, I have an urge of 7 on a scale of 1-10 right now to cut, as if my brain is realizing that my desire is to never do it again and it's freaking out... Just one more taste. No. No more tastes. I can do this. You can do this. Let's do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

My Best Friend

Recovery is Hard