Progress



Going strong

Wow, I've been in California for six months. That's half a year! It doesn't feel like it's been that long, I've been so busy during this journey. I've been making plans and sticking to them. I have entered a new year self harm free for two months (thank You, Jesus!). I've resolved to increase my book writing and have been going past my original goal of a page a day-- I'm doing a page and a half! Setting that goal for myself has definitely helped to keep the fire burning and even when I have been frustrated, knowing I've written another full page and am closer to my goal is super encouraging. I've decided to make the most out of the time I have in a day and it is paying off.

I realized that I missed my weekly Sunday post for this past Sunday so I'll touch a bit on the message. A man whom God uses in the gift of prophecy was delivering the message and what he continued to emphasize was for us to seize the moment in this new year. He said if we are to do that, it will be because we know who we really are. I believe he is saying that we will know who we are in God. We will know our worth and our confidence will come from the Lord Himself**. We will not fear the task or path in front of us because we know that our power to overcome is in the One Who has overcome the world. Do you have big plans in front of you that you're putting off or are just unsure about undertaking? If you know these desires and goals and dreams are from God, go for it! Maybe you're unsure, pray and seek Him for direction but at some point, you have to try. Maybe you're not a believer but still have some big things coming up this year, go for them. God has given all of us gifts and talents to use and we can't let fear stop us from going forth. We can't become complacent in just wishing and hoping only (note: I'm not saying to not have hope, I will never say that. What I am saying is to not stop at having hope.). We have to use that hope and take action with what we believe we should do.

The Bible tells us that faith without works is dead. We can trust that God has better for us and that His promises of goodness are true but if we don't act on that trust, what good is it? A very, very dear friend of mine (the friend who drove me 3 hours away to go into Res in 2015), sent me this verse earlier today.

Joshua 3:13 "and it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priest who bear the ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of the Jordan, that the waters of the Jordan shall be cut off, the waters that come down from upstream and they shall stand as a heap."

The significance is that the priests had to make a move first before God did His part. We have to put into action the faith we claim to have in God's ability to act in our lives. We have to step into the waters, friends. And the verse doesn't say to get into the water and swim or wade, just step into it. That's it. We just have to take the one step forward and God will move and move on our behalf. We have to seize the opportunities we're given and move forward into the plans God has waiting for us. This verse is really preaching right now and I intended to have a much shorter post tonight. I'm going to go and really study this verse and I would encourage you all to do the same. God is more than able to do what you need but maybe He is saying, "you first." Step into the water. Go for it!

**Scripture references:
Proverbs 3:26
James 2:26

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

My Best Friend

Recovery is Hard