It


Another NEDAW poem

Please reach out and get help if you or someone you know is struggling with an ed. They are insidious mental disorders but can be overcome. NEDA's website offers a lot of resources for how to go about getting treatment as well as offers a lot information on what eds are and are not. I hope my original poem can offer insight on them as well. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

It
6-17-2015

That creeping voice inside my head
Angry, so angry
Winding and twisting itself tightly around my mind like a vine
Or a vice
Barking at me over and over, a little more
Starve a little more
Exercise a little more
It is never enough
Never satisfied
So I think, "A little more won't hurt"
"I'm not that thin anyway"
It chimes in, You're not sick enough
They don't believe you
And it's true
Who would believe me
I'm too big
It is right
Just a little more here and there
Not too much
Just enough to make a difference
Enough so that It is satisfied
Who am I kidding
It will never be satisfied
I will never be enough


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 25, 2015

No One Would Have Guessed

For Me